Learning to Listen: The Jazz Journey of Gary Burton: An Autobiography by Gary BurtonI heard Gary Burton's first album around 1970 when I was a high school percussion student and he was a new young player. It inspired me to learn to play the vibraphone well. Fortunately, I had a rented vibraphone and a good private teacher and I learning to play a few 4 mallet arrangements fairly well for a high school kid. I've continued to follow Gary's career and music and so I was pleased when his autobiography came out. I was doubly pleased when I started reading it and found it engaging and very well written. I enjoyed reading the behind the scenes aspects of the music business and also the personality quirks of many of the artists that Gary worked with over the years. A really great book for anyone interested in the music business.
View all my reviews